Monday, May 25, 2015

May 23-25: Texture and paint on the walls!

With the Memorial Day holiday this weekend, I was determined to finish texturing the walls and painting.

I don't have many pictures of this process because I was trying to do it as quickly as possible.

I started by taping where the baseboards were going to go and the floor and the ceiling and then I used a texture gun to blow mud onto the walls in a "creative" way.

You can kinda tell in these pictures. But that's kind of the point. It just makes the walls blend and seem normal.

Closeup of the texture.

Another closeup.

I also painted the walls and ceilings this weekend. That was super awesome. A coat of primer and two coats of paint on everything. We also installed the baseboards, which I don't have a picture of. My friend Phil told me to paint the baseboards first before installing them -- that was good advice that I didn't follow. It would have been way easier to paint the baseboards first and just do touch ups after installing them.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment