Saturday, August 15, 2015

Isa and Lilly went shopping today, so I was able to get some work done. I installed a third wireless router outside under one of the eves of the house. It is an old router that we just had sitting around, so I don't really care if it gets messed up out in the elements. If it stops working, I might replace it with a router that is actually designed to be outside! Anyway, I had to run power and ethernet through the attic and I routed it out through one of the attic vents. Here's the pic:


I figured out where I could put screws that would miss the electronics inside and I drove 4 screws into the feet to secure it up-side-down under the eve. It has increased the wireless coverage outside the house tremendously. I now get consistent wireless signal at our picnic table and out in the shed -- enough to stream video. I need to put a more permanent patch over the vent to keep little critters out of the attic, but now I'm mostly done with the wireless project. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment